Home » News » Public Safety
Police seek witnesses to Goffstown crash involving boy, 10
GOFFSTOWN – Police are looking for anyone who may have witnessed an accident involving a 10-year-old boy at about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday.
The names of the boy and the driver have not been released; however, the driver is listed as a 54-year-old woman.
“As traumatic as it is for the family of the boy, it is also traumatic for the person involved and we’re trying to give her some lead way,” said Lt. Keith Chauvette. “Aside from trauma, the driver was not injured.”
The boy was transported to the hospital from the scene and is still listed in serious condition as of Thursday morning.
The boy was crossing the street near 695 Mast Road near the A-1 Gas Station when he was struck, Chauvette said.
“At the time of the accident, the boy was alone, but was being watched,” he said.
The accident tied up traffic, but the area is usually congested at that time of day with local businesses and commuters, “and the sun is setting earlier,” he said.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in the accident.
Anyone who may have witnessed the accident is asked to call Goffstown police at call 497-4858.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release