Home » News » Public Safety
Police seek witnesses to Goffstown crash involving boy, 10
GOFFSTOWN – Police are looking for anyone who may have witnessed an accident involving a 10-year-old boy at about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday.
The names of the boy and the driver have not been released; however, the driver is listed as a 54-year-old woman.
“As traumatic as it is for the family of the boy, it is also traumatic for the person involved and we’re trying to give her some lead way,” said Lt. Keith Chauvette. “Aside from trauma, the driver was not injured.”
The boy was transported to the hospital from the scene and is still listed in serious condition as of Thursday morning.
The boy was crossing the street near 695 Mast Road near the A-1 Gas Station when he was struck, Chauvette said.
“At the time of the accident, the boy was alone, but was being watched,” he said.
The accident tied up traffic, but the area is usually congested at that time of day with local businesses and commuters, “and the sun is setting earlier,” he said.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in the accident.
Anyone who may have witnessed the accident is asked to call Goffstown police at call 497-4858.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072