Home » News » Public Safety
Police seek witnesses to Goffstown crash involving boy, 10
GOFFSTOWN – Police are looking for anyone who may have witnessed an accident involving a 10-year-old boy at about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday.
The names of the boy and the driver have not been released; however, the driver is listed as a 54-year-old woman.
“As traumatic as it is for the family of the boy, it is also traumatic for the person involved and we’re trying to give her some lead way,” said Lt. Keith Chauvette. “Aside from trauma, the driver was not injured.”
The boy was transported to the hospital from the scene and is still listed in serious condition as of Thursday morning.
The boy was crossing the street near 695 Mast Road near the A-1 Gas Station when he was struck, Chauvette said.
“At the time of the accident, the boy was alone, but was being watched,” he said.
The accident tied up traffic, but the area is usually congested at that time of day with local businesses and commuters, “and the sun is setting earlier,” he said.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in the accident.
Anyone who may have witnessed the accident is asked to call Goffstown police at call 497-4858.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester carpenter indicted in Nashua rape - 0
- Keene State student charged, three new arrest warrants issued in wake of pumpkin riot - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 1
- Winning $100,000 lottery ticket sold in Laconia - 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 7
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by