Police seek witnesses to Goffstown crash involving boy, 10
GOFFSTOWN -; Police are looking for anyone who may have witnessed an accident involving a 10-year-old boy at about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday.The names of the boy and the driver have not been released; however, the driver is listed as a 54-year-old woman.“As traumatic as it is for the family of the boy, it is also traumatic for the person involved and we';re trying to give her some lead way,” said Lt. Keith Chauvette. “Aside from trauma, the driver was not injured.”The boy was transported to the hospital from the scene and is still listed in serious condition as of Thursday morning.The boy was crossing the street near 695 Mast Road near the A-1 Gas Station when he was struck, Chauvette said.“At the time of the accident, the boy was alone, but was being watched,” he said.The accident tied up traffic, but the area is usually congested at that time of day with local businesses and commuters, “and the sun is setting earlier,” he said.Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in the accident.Anyone who may have witnessed the accident is asked to call Goffstown police at call 497-4858.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.
Be the first to comment.
Post a comment