Home » News » Public Safety
Police seize starter pistol rounds found inside North Hampton school
NORTH HAMPTON — Authorities are investigating after starter pistol rounds were found inside the boy’s locker room at North Hampton School this morning, police said.
According to Police Chief Brian Page, police responded to the school after receiving a report of ammunition found on the floor in the locker room.
After investigating the incident, Page said officers believe the ammunition was actually starter pistol rounds, which are now in the custody of police.
In a statement, Page said there is no danger to the community or the school.
Because the investigation is ongoing and involves a minor, Page said neither the school nor the department will be able to discuss the identity of the student or any action that may result from the investigation.
“Any students who may have been affected by this incident will receive services from the school,” Page said.
He added, “While there is no danger to the community or the school, parents are urged to discuss with their children that playing with knives, ammunition, and firearms poses an unacceptable risk to themselves and others and that bringing these kinds of items to school cannot be tolerated.”
The incident comes just a few weeks after police launched a separate investigation after parents and officials from the same school reported that an 11-year-old student had allegedly threatened to shoot another student of the same age with a shotgun on school grounds.
That incident allegedly happened Sept. 26 and may have been witnessed by other students, Page said at the time.
Page’s statement on this morning’s discovery of the starter pistol rounds also did not link the incident to last month’s alleged gun threat.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072