Home » News » Public Safety
Police seize starter pistol rounds found inside North Hampton school
NORTH HAMPTON — Authorities are investigating after starter pistol rounds were found inside the boy’s locker room at North Hampton School this morning, police said.
According to Police Chief Brian Page, police responded to the school after receiving a report of ammunition found on the floor in the locker room.
After investigating the incident, Page said officers believe the ammunition was actually starter pistol rounds, which are now in the custody of police.
In a statement, Page said there is no danger to the community or the school.
Because the investigation is ongoing and involves a minor, Page said neither the school nor the department will be able to discuss the identity of the student or any action that may result from the investigation.
“Any students who may have been affected by this incident will receive services from the school,” Page said.
He added, “While there is no danger to the community or the school, parents are urged to discuss with their children that playing with knives, ammunition, and firearms poses an unacceptable risk to themselves and others and that bringing these kinds of items to school cannot be tolerated.”
The incident comes just a few weeks after police launched a separate investigation after parents and officials from the same school reported that an 11-year-old student had allegedly threatened to shoot another student of the same age with a shotgun on school grounds.
That incident allegedly happened Sept. 26 and may have been witnessed by other students, Page said at the time.
Page’s statement on this morning’s discovery of the starter pistol rounds also did not link the incident to last month’s alleged gun threat.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072