Home » News » Public Safety
Police seize starter pistol rounds found inside North Hampton school
NORTH HAMPTON — Authorities are investigating after starter pistol rounds were found inside the boy’s locker room at North Hampton School this morning, police said.
According to Police Chief Brian Page, police responded to the school after receiving a report of ammunition found on the floor in the locker room.
After investigating the incident, Page said officers believe the ammunition was actually starter pistol rounds, which are now in the custody of police.
In a statement, Page said there is no danger to the community or the school.
Because the investigation is ongoing and involves a minor, Page said neither the school nor the department will be able to discuss the identity of the student or any action that may result from the investigation.
“Any students who may have been affected by this incident will receive services from the school,” Page said.
He added, “While there is no danger to the community or the school, parents are urged to discuss with their children that playing with knives, ammunition, and firearms poses an unacceptable risk to themselves and others and that bringing these kinds of items to school cannot be tolerated.”
The incident comes just a few weeks after police launched a separate investigation after parents and officials from the same school reported that an 11-year-old student had allegedly threatened to shoot another student of the same age with a shotgun on school grounds.
That incident allegedly happened Sept. 26 and may have been witnessed by other students, Page said at the time.
Page’s statement on this morning’s discovery of the starter pistol rounds also did not link the incident to last month’s alleged gun threat.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus