Home » News » Public Safety
Police seize starter pistol rounds found inside North Hampton school
NORTH HAMPTON — Authorities are investigating after starter pistol rounds were found inside the boy’s locker room at North Hampton School this morning, police said.
According to Police Chief Brian Page, police responded to the school after receiving a report of ammunition found on the floor in the locker room.
After investigating the incident, Page said officers believe the ammunition was actually starter pistol rounds, which are now in the custody of police.
In a statement, Page said there is no danger to the community or the school.
Because the investigation is ongoing and involves a minor, Page said neither the school nor the department will be able to discuss the identity of the student or any action that may result from the investigation.
“Any students who may have been affected by this incident will receive services from the school,” Page said.
He added, “While there is no danger to the community or the school, parents are urged to discuss with their children that playing with knives, ammunition, and firearms poses an unacceptable risk to themselves and others and that bringing these kinds of items to school cannot be tolerated.”
The incident comes just a few weeks after police launched a separate investigation after parents and officials from the same school reported that an 11-year-old student had allegedly threatened to shoot another student of the same age with a shotgun on school grounds.
That incident allegedly happened Sept. 26 and may have been witnessed by other students, Page said at the time.
Page’s statement on this morning’s discovery of the starter pistol rounds also did not link the incident to last month’s alleged gun threat.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten