Teen falls asleep while driving, crashes on Everett Turnpike
MERRIMACK — A Massachusetts teen who apparently fell asleep while driving caused an accident Thursday morning, state police said.
Police said Daniel Delprete, 17, of Rockland, Mass., was heading north on the F.E. Everett Turnpike about 9:15 a.m. Thursday when he drifted off to sleep, crossed the road’s median and hit a car driven by Robert Vidaver, 49, of Henniker.
Delprete and Vidaver each suffered minor injuries in the crash. Delprete was taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua for treatment, while Vidaver was taken to Elliot Hospital in Manchester, police said.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.