Home » News » Public Safety
Starter pistol rounds found at North Hampton School
Police responded to the school just before 10:30 a.m. after receiving a report of ammunition found on the floor in the locker room.
Page was not sure how many rounds were found.
Still, Page said the rounds from a starter pistol could pose dangers.
“It’s gunpowder and a shell. It shouldn’t be in a child’s hands and that’s why the school was so quick to notify us. Why somebody would have starter pistol rounds is interesting to me. That’s very rare,” Page said.
“There’s no connection whatsoever,” he said, adding that different students were involved in the two incidents.
The investigation of the alleged gun threat has since been suspended and no juvenile court petitions will be issued at this point, Page said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson