Barrington man dies from injuries suffered in ATV crash
BARRINGTON — A local man who was airlifted following a serious ATV accident died at Maine Medical Center in Portland sometime Wednesday night, according to Police Chief Richard Conway.
Barry Poole of Barrington sustained serious injuries after his ATV rolled onto its side Tuesday afternoon. As a result, Dartmouth Hitchcock Advanced Response Team crews flew him to Maine Medical Hospital, where he was previously listed in critical condition.
Conway said the accident remains under investigation, which will be only made more challenging as Poole was the only occupant on the ATV.
“It’s too early to tell and we’re working with limited information,” Conway said, and investigators are looking into all aspects of the incident.
“Probably speed was a factor,” Conway said, adding it may not be possible to determine whether alcohol was involved.
— John Quinn, Union Leader Correspondent
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.