Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
12-year sentence for Manchester man on federal drug, gun charges
CONCORD — A Manchester man was sentenced to 12 years in federal prison on drug and gun possession charges.
Raymond Negron, 32, was sentenced in U.S. District Court on charges of unlawful distribution of oxycodone and cocaine, unlawful possession with the intent to distribute oxycodone and cocaine, sale of a firearm to a prohibited person, possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number, and possession of an unregistered firearm.
Negron was arrested after a joint investigation began in 2011 by the DEA's High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, state and Manchester police.
Negron was suspected of trafficking drugs in the city of Manchester and during the course of the investigation, he sold oxycodone tablets and cocaine on four separate occasions. During one of the drug transactions, Negron also sold an SKS 7.62 caliber rifle to a convicted felon. That gun, according to the U.S. Attorney, was stolen from a pawn shop in Miami, Fla.
On March 20, 2012, police searched Negron's 689 Hanover St. residence and recovered oxycodone tablets, cocaine, items used for packaging and distributing drugs and a "sawed-off" Mossberg 20-gauge bolt action shotgun which had an obliterated serial number.
The case was prosecuted by assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Cole Davis.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Ice storm threatens the region
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424