Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
12-year sentence for Manchester man on federal drug, gun charges
CONCORD — A Manchester man was sentenced to 12 years in federal prison on drug and gun possession charges.
Raymond Negron, 32, was sentenced in U.S. District Court on charges of unlawful distribution of oxycodone and cocaine, unlawful possession with the intent to distribute oxycodone and cocaine, sale of a firearm to a prohibited person, possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number, and possession of an unregistered firearm.
Negron was arrested after a joint investigation began in 2011 by the DEA's High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, state and Manchester police.
Negron was suspected of trafficking drugs in the city of Manchester and during the course of the investigation, he sold oxycodone tablets and cocaine on four separate occasions. During one of the drug transactions, Negron also sold an SKS 7.62 caliber rifle to a convicted felon. That gun, according to the U.S. Attorney, was stolen from a pawn shop in Miami, Fla.
On March 20, 2012, police searched Negron's 689 Hanover St. residence and recovered oxycodone tablets, cocaine, items used for packaging and distributing drugs and a "sawed-off" Mossberg 20-gauge bolt action shotgun which had an obliterated serial number.
The case was prosecuted by assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Cole Davis.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus