Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
12-year sentence for Manchester man on federal drug, gun charges
CONCORD — A Manchester man was sentenced to 12 years in federal prison on drug and gun possession charges.
Raymond Negron, 32, was sentenced in U.S. District Court on charges of unlawful distribution of oxycodone and cocaine, unlawful possession with the intent to distribute oxycodone and cocaine, sale of a firearm to a prohibited person, possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number, and possession of an unregistered firearm.
Negron was arrested after a joint investigation began in 2011 by the DEA's High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, state and Manchester police.
Negron was suspected of trafficking drugs in the city of Manchester and during the course of the investigation, he sold oxycodone tablets and cocaine on four separate occasions. During one of the drug transactions, Negron also sold an SKS 7.62 caliber rifle to a convicted felon. That gun, according to the U.S. Attorney, was stolen from a pawn shop in Miami, Fla.
On March 20, 2012, police searched Negron's 689 Hanover St. residence and recovered oxycodone tablets, cocaine, items used for packaging and distributing drugs and a "sawed-off" Mossberg 20-gauge bolt action shotgun which had an obliterated serial number.
The case was prosecuted by assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Cole Davis.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
- State police OK to search cell phone to locate suspect who bit trooper - 0
- Ferguson: Eyewitness testimony underscores challenge grand jury faced - 0
- Mass. man charged with kidnapping - 0
- Keene Pumpkin Festival issues to get full airing Tuesday - 1
- Driver charged after man falls off car’s hood - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- One killed in Wednesday morning crash on I-89 in Warner - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 6
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 7
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483