Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Rochester man pleads guilty to possessing stolen firearms
CONCORD — A Rochester man faces up to 10 years in federal prison on charges he possessed stolen firearms, including a Bushmaster .223 caliber rifle.
Timothy Lafond, 35, formerly of 3 Pleasant St., pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to the offenses.
According to U.S. Attorney John P. Kacavas, Lafond admitted he sold two guns — a Stag Arms, Model STAG-15, 5.56 caliber rifle and a Bushmaster, Model XM15-E2S, .223 caliber rifle — on Feb. 25, 2012, for $1,300 to an undercover officer in Rochester. The guns were stolen two days earlier from Seacoast Gun and Pawn in Rochester.
Lafond also faces a fine of up to $250,000. He is to be sentenced Jan. 21.
The case is being prosecuted by assistant U.S. Attorney John J. Farley.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 0
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
- Former county corrections officer drops appeal of his firing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424