Anthem extends coverage to N. Country hospitals, Nashua center
MANCHESTER — Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield-New Hampshire added two North Country hospitals to its Site of Service program as well as a Nashua ambulatory surgery center.
The Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin, the Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, and The Surgery Center of Greater Nashua have been added to its Site of Service benefit plan option.
Upper Connecticut and the Nashua center will be added this month, while Androscoggin will begin service Jan. 1.
The program is part of Anthem's effort to help businesses across the state reduce health-care costs by rewarding employees who use lower cost options.
"Local businesses form the backbone of our state's economy," said Robert Benedetto, director of small group sales at Anthem. "We strongly feel that this offering enables them to save money on health-care costs while still being able to provide their employees with solid benefits."
The Site of Service benefit plan option enables members to avoid a co-pay for outpatient laboratory tests done at lower-cost lab facilities. Using lower-cost ambulatory surgery centers with co-pays of $100 to $125, also saves employees under the program.
Upper Connecticut and Androscoggin will offer both laboratory and ambulatory surgery services, while the surgery center will offer just surgery services.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.