Home » Sports » Sports Awards
Athlete of the Month
Manchester Central High's Jesiah Wade explodes on the NH football scene
After spending three solid campaigns playing for Division V Campbell High of Litchfield, this season Wade jumped to Manchester Central and has exploded on the Division I scene.
“People have to realize this kid had to learn a lot in a short period of time with us,” said Ray. “He’s not only an offensive player. We’ve asked him to learn the cornerback position and he’s also been contributing on special teams. He’s excelled on every level.”
MacPherson scored 22 goals in September, including four in a 6-1 win over Bishop Brady of Concord on Sept. 25. Brummett, a freshman at Derryfield, scored 25 goals in September to kick off her high school career. She had five goals in a 7-0 win over Pittsfield on Sept. 24.
Tied for fifth place in the balloting with 14 points were field hockey standout Colbi Vaillancourt of Manchester and football linebacker David Zocco of Nashua.
Nashua South product Zocco is a senior linebacker at the University of Rhode Island. Through four games in September, Zocco had 33 tackles, including two for losses.
A sophomore on the Inter-Lakes girls’ team, she had 19 goals in September, including six hat tricks.
Previous 2013 winners: January — Sean Doherty, Conway, biathlon; February — Drew Ledwith, Keene, swimming; March — Kaleb Tarczewski, Claremont, basketball; April — Mariah Crisp, Greenland, softball, and Eric Jensen, Gorham, baseball; May — Carson Cross, Brentwood, baseball; June — Rick Holt, football and baseball, Portsmouth. July — Eva Fabian, swimming, Keene. August — Chelso Barrett, golf, Surrey.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0