Home » Sports » Sports Awards
Athlete of the Month
Manchester Central High's Jesiah Wade explodes on the NH football scene
After spending three solid campaigns playing for Division V Campbell High of Litchfield, this season Wade jumped to Manchester Central and has exploded on the Division I scene.
“People have to realize this kid had to learn a lot in a short period of time with us,” said Ray. “He’s not only an offensive player. We’ve asked him to learn the cornerback position and he’s also been contributing on special teams. He’s excelled on every level.”
MacPherson scored 22 goals in September, including four in a 6-1 win over Bishop Brady of Concord on Sept. 25. Brummett, a freshman at Derryfield, scored 25 goals in September to kick off her high school career. She had five goals in a 7-0 win over Pittsfield on Sept. 24.
Tied for fifth place in the balloting with 14 points were field hockey standout Colbi Vaillancourt of Manchester and football linebacker David Zocco of Nashua.
Nashua South product Zocco is a senior linebacker at the University of Rhode Island. Through four games in September, Zocco had 33 tackles, including two for losses.
A sophomore on the Inter-Lakes girls’ team, she had 19 goals in September, including six hat tricks.
Previous 2013 winners: January — Sean Doherty, Conway, biathlon; February — Drew Ledwith, Keene, swimming; March — Kaleb Tarczewski, Claremont, basketball; April — Mariah Crisp, Greenland, softball, and Eric Jensen, Gorham, baseball; May — Carson Cross, Brentwood, baseball; June — Rick Holt, football and baseball, Portsmouth. July — Eva Fabian, swimming, Keene. August — Chelso Barrett, golf, Surrey.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council