Home » Sports » Sports Awards
Athlete of the Month
Manchester Central High's Jesiah Wade explodes on the NH football scene
After spending three solid campaigns playing for Division V Campbell High of Litchfield, this season Wade jumped to Manchester Central and has exploded on the Division I scene.
“People have to realize this kid had to learn a lot in a short period of time with us,” said Ray. “He’s not only an offensive player. We’ve asked him to learn the cornerback position and he’s also been contributing on special teams. He’s excelled on every level.”
MacPherson scored 22 goals in September, including four in a 6-1 win over Bishop Brady of Concord on Sept. 25. Brummett, a freshman at Derryfield, scored 25 goals in September to kick off her high school career. She had five goals in a 7-0 win over Pittsfield on Sept. 24.
Tied for fifth place in the balloting with 14 points were field hockey standout Colbi Vaillancourt of Manchester and football linebacker David Zocco of Nashua.
Nashua South product Zocco is a senior linebacker at the University of Rhode Island. Through four games in September, Zocco had 33 tackles, including two for losses.
A sophomore on the Inter-Lakes girls’ team, she had 19 goals in September, including six hat tricks.
Previous 2013 winners: January — Sean Doherty, Conway, biathlon; February — Drew Ledwith, Keene, swimming; March — Kaleb Tarczewski, Claremont, basketball; April — Mariah Crisp, Greenland, softball, and Eric Jensen, Gorham, baseball; May — Carson Cross, Brentwood, baseball; June — Rick Holt, football and baseball, Portsmouth. July — Eva Fabian, swimming, Keene. August — Chelso Barrett, golf, Surrey.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings