Marine Corps League to honor New Hampshire vets who served in Korea
Marines will express their famous greeting, “Semper Fi” (“Always faithful”), once again at the Margate Resort, 76 Lake St., during opening ceremonies at 7 p.m., followed by a Western style-buffet.
2013 marks the 60th anniversary of the truce of July 27, 1953, between the United States, its United Nations allies and the Republic of South Korea with the Communist nations of North Korea, China, and the Soviet Union. While the truce ended armed fighting, the actual end of the war did not occur until Jan. 31, 1955, with the signing of the armistice between the warring nations.
The Ministry of National Defense of the Republic of Korea claims that 5.3 million people were killed or wounded, including 2.5 million civilians.
While there were those that paid the ultimate sacrifice, an exact number has never been verified and the state archives are limited in scope.
Reservations at $45 can be made through Bob Patenaude, detachment commandant at 253-7970 or mail to Lakes Region Detachment, MCL; P.O. Box 764, Center Harbor, 03226.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 1
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health