Marine Corps League to honor New Hampshire vets who served in Korea
Marines will express their famous greeting, “Semper Fi” (“Always faithful”), once again at the Margate Resort, 76 Lake St., during opening ceremonies at 7 p.m., followed by a Western style-buffet.
2013 marks the 60th anniversary of the truce of July 27, 1953, between the United States, its United Nations allies and the Republic of South Korea with the Communist nations of North Korea, China, and the Soviet Union. While the truce ended armed fighting, the actual end of the war did not occur until Jan. 31, 1955, with the signing of the armistice between the warring nations.
The Ministry of National Defense of the Republic of Korea claims that 5.3 million people were killed or wounded, including 2.5 million civilians.
While there were those that paid the ultimate sacrifice, an exact number has never been verified and the state archives are limited in scope.
Reservations at $45 can be made through Bob Patenaude, detachment commandant at 253-7970 or mail to Lakes Region Detachment, MCL; P.O. Box 764, Center Harbor, 03226.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Busy week for voters in Hollis, Brookline - 0
- Nashua to debate school spending - 0
- Test scores tell tale of one city, several towns - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Londonderry set to vote on school repairs
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax