Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATED: Father of missing Conway teen's boyfriend: We want her home
A friend of Abigail Hernandez identified only as "Nancy" speaks to the media at the Conway Police Department Tuesday. (DAN SEUFERT/Union Leader)
Jimmy Campbell and his girlfriend, missing teen Abigail Hernandez, in a photo posted as Campbell's Facebook profile photo on Sept. 27. (Courtesy)
She added: "If you know where Abby is, please keep her safe, and let her come back to us."
After the briefing, Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young said the growing law enforcement presence in town and the message issued by Hernandez' sister are signs that her family and police believe they will still find her.
"That's always the hope; we're trying to bring her home safe and sound," Young said.
At present, Young said, the investigation is not focused on any particular person or in any direction. The search for Hernandez is being considered a missing person case; none of her family members are being sought for criminal reasons, Young said.
Hernandez's family, she said, is "overwhelmed."
"Her mother is so upset; every time the phone rings, she thinks it's her daughter calling," Young said.
"Any piece of information, from anyone, about where she was Wednesday and Tuesday, all of it is needed, even the slightest bit of information might lead us somewhere," Young said.
"We have no evidence to support one particular avenue; we still have to look at everything," Young said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
- Man who led Rochester police on chase held on $100K bail - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072