Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATED: Father of missing Conway teen's boyfriend: We want her home
A friend of Abigail Hernandez identified only as "Nancy" speaks to the media at the Conway Police Department Tuesday. (DAN SEUFERT/Union Leader)
Jimmy Campbell and his girlfriend, missing teen Abigail Hernandez, in a photo posted as Campbell's Facebook profile photo on Sept. 27. (Courtesy)
She added: "If you know where Abby is, please keep her safe, and let her come back to us."
After the briefing, Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young said the growing law enforcement presence in town and the message issued by Hernandez' sister are signs that her family and police believe they will still find her.
"That's always the hope; we're trying to bring her home safe and sound," Young said.
At present, Young said, the investigation is not focused on any particular person or in any direction. The search for Hernandez is being considered a missing person case; none of her family members are being sought for criminal reasons, Young said.
Hernandez's family, she said, is "overwhelmed."
"Her mother is so upset; every time the phone rings, she thinks it's her daughter calling," Young said.
"Any piece of information, from anyone, about where she was Wednesday and Tuesday, all of it is needed, even the slightest bit of information might lead us somewhere," Young said.
"We have no evidence to support one particular avenue; we still have to look at everything," Young said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
NH senators react to Hagel resignation