Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATED: Father of missing Conway teen's boyfriend: We want her home
A friend of Abigail Hernandez identified only as "Nancy" speaks to the media at the Conway Police Department Tuesday. (DAN SEUFERT/Union Leader)
Jimmy Campbell and his girlfriend, missing teen Abigail Hernandez, in a photo posted as Campbell's Facebook profile photo on Sept. 27. (Courtesy)
She added: "If you know where Abby is, please keep her safe, and let her come back to us."
After the briefing, Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young said the growing law enforcement presence in town and the message issued by Hernandez' sister are signs that her family and police believe they will still find her.
"That's always the hope; we're trying to bring her home safe and sound," Young said.
At present, Young said, the investigation is not focused on any particular person or in any direction. The search for Hernandez is being considered a missing person case; none of her family members are being sought for criminal reasons, Young said.
Hernandez's family, she said, is "overwhelmed."
"Her mother is so upset; every time the phone rings, she thinks it's her daughter calling," Young said.
"Any piece of information, from anyone, about where she was Wednesday and Tuesday, all of it is needed, even the slightest bit of information might lead us somewhere," Young said.
"We have no evidence to support one particular avenue; we still have to look at everything," Young said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former New London police chief settles with female accuser - 0
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Reports: Celtics near completion of Rondo deal - 0
- Grid coach Cote, BG go their separate ways - 0
- Former owners of 'casualty' of Northern Pass file appeal - 0
- Holiday sales may recover with help of deep discounts - 0
- Wall Street has best 2-day gain since 2011 on Fed optimism - 0
- State Employees Association declares impasse in bargaining - 2
- Shipyard to hire 715 in next year - 2
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules