Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATED: Father of missing Conway teen's boyfriend: We want her home
A friend of Abigail Hernandez identified only as "Nancy" speaks to the media at the Conway Police Department Tuesday. (DAN SEUFERT/Union Leader)
Jimmy Campbell and his girlfriend, missing teen Abigail Hernandez, in a photo posted as Campbell's Facebook profile photo on Sept. 27. (Courtesy)
She added: "If you know where Abby is, please keep her safe, and let her come back to us."
After the briefing, Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young said the growing law enforcement presence in town and the message issued by Hernandez' sister are signs that her family and police believe they will still find her.
"That's always the hope; we're trying to bring her home safe and sound," Young said.
At present, Young said, the investigation is not focused on any particular person or in any direction. The search for Hernandez is being considered a missing person case; none of her family members are being sought for criminal reasons, Young said.
Hernandez's family, she said, is "overwhelmed."
"Her mother is so upset; every time the phone rings, she thinks it's her daughter calling," Young said.
"Any piece of information, from anyone, about where she was Wednesday and Tuesday, all of it is needed, even the slightest bit of information might lead us somewhere," Young said.
"We have no evidence to support one particular avenue; we still have to look at everything," Young said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 5
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform