Home » News » Public Safety
Atkinson detective makes claim against Plaistow police department
The list resulted after the state Supreme Court overturned the first-degree murder conviction of Carl Laurie in the 1990s because prosecutors withheld from the defense information contained in the personnel file of a testifying detective that could have raised questions about his truthfulness.
In the suit, Fiset said he was a “union shop steward” who often criticized the policies of Savage and Jones and before he was hired, Fiset’s mother, then a Plaistow selectman, “was involved in adjudicating discipline against both defendant Savage and Jones.” The suit also said Fiset had arrested Jones’ stepfather in the past for driving under the influence.
“As part of that campaign, the Plaistow defendants manufactured a false claim that plaintiff Nicolas Fiset had falsely reported an automobile stop on June 17, 2011. The Plaistow defendants then conducted a bogus investigation into the incident,” the suit said.
The suit also claims that Savage and Jones “maliciously” sent a Laurie letter to the county attorney, which Fiset argues unlawfully contained false “details” of his conduct.
“We, as a town, will vigorously defend ourselves in this claim when the time comes,” Savage said.Reams said he was unaware of the suit and could not comment on personnel files. email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it