Home » News » Public Safety
Atkinson detective makes claim against Plaistow police department
The list resulted after the state Supreme Court overturned the first-degree murder conviction of Carl Laurie in the 1990s because prosecutors withheld from the defense information contained in the personnel file of a testifying detective that could have raised questions about his truthfulness.
In the suit, Fiset said he was a “union shop steward” who often criticized the policies of Savage and Jones and before he was hired, Fiset’s mother, then a Plaistow selectman, “was involved in adjudicating discipline against both defendant Savage and Jones.” The suit also said Fiset had arrested Jones’ stepfather in the past for driving under the influence.
“As part of that campaign, the Plaistow defendants manufactured a false claim that plaintiff Nicolas Fiset had falsely reported an automobile stop on June 17, 2011. The Plaistow defendants then conducted a bogus investigation into the incident,” the suit said.
The suit also claims that Savage and Jones “maliciously” sent a Laurie letter to the county attorney, which Fiset argues unlawfully contained false “details” of his conduct.
“We, as a town, will vigorously defend ourselves in this claim when the time comes,” Savage said.Reams said he was unaware of the suit and could not comment on personnel files. firstname.lastname@example.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms