Home » News » Public Safety
Atkinson detective makes claim against Plaistow police department
The list resulted after the state Supreme Court overturned the first-degree murder conviction of Carl Laurie in the 1990s because prosecutors withheld from the defense information contained in the personnel file of a testifying detective that could have raised questions about his truthfulness.
In the suit, Fiset said he was a “union shop steward” who often criticized the policies of Savage and Jones and before he was hired, Fiset’s mother, then a Plaistow selectman, “was involved in adjudicating discipline against both defendant Savage and Jones.” The suit also said Fiset had arrested Jones’ stepfather in the past for driving under the influence.
“As part of that campaign, the Plaistow defendants manufactured a false claim that plaintiff Nicolas Fiset had falsely reported an automobile stop on June 17, 2011. The Plaistow defendants then conducted a bogus investigation into the incident,” the suit said.
The suit also claims that Savage and Jones “maliciously” sent a Laurie letter to the county attorney, which Fiset argues unlawfully contained false “details” of his conduct.
“We, as a town, will vigorously defend ourselves in this claim when the time comes,” Savage said.Reams said he was unaware of the suit and could not comment on personnel files. firstname.lastname@example.org
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072