Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Police continue to delve into camera hidden in Rochester bathroom
On Oct. 7, a woman reported that she noticed the “eraser-sized” device in a ceiling of the second-floor bathroom of the office building at 1 Old Dover Road, which houses a bureau for Foster’s Daily Democrat and The Rochester Times along with several other businesses.
It remains unclear whether the device was a camera, police said. Police did not find the device in the Dumpster.
“We’ve certainly processed the scene,” Toussaint said, adding police examined the ceiling tiles, the bathroom and continue to process the seized equipment.
“No one has been charged,” Toussaint said, adding as a part of police procedure, evidence can be returned, depending on the nature of the case.
If it’s determined “there’s no evidentiary value, we would petition the judge to return it,” Toussaint said.
Toussaint said there have been other incidents of cameras being used to record people without their knowledge, but it’s been several years since the last case.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Rochester Police by calling 335-7127, by leaving an anonymous tip on the Rochester Crimeline at 335-6500 or texting the Rochester Crimeline at Crimes (274637) in the body of the text, simply write TEXT4CASH followed by your tip.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 11
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917