Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Police continue to delve into camera hidden in Rochester bathroom
On Oct. 7, a woman reported that she noticed the “eraser-sized” device in a ceiling of the second-floor bathroom of the office building at 1 Old Dover Road, which houses a bureau for Foster’s Daily Democrat and The Rochester Times along with several other businesses.
It remains unclear whether the device was a camera, police said. Police did not find the device in the Dumpster.
“We’ve certainly processed the scene,” Toussaint said, adding police examined the ceiling tiles, the bathroom and continue to process the seized equipment.
“No one has been charged,” Toussaint said, adding as a part of police procedure, evidence can be returned, depending on the nature of the case.
If it’s determined “there’s no evidentiary value, we would petition the judge to return it,” Toussaint said.
Toussaint said there have been other incidents of cameras being used to record people without their knowledge, but it’s been several years since the last case.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Rochester Police by calling 335-7127, by leaving an anonymous tip on the Rochester Crimeline at 335-6500 or texting the Rochester Crimeline at Crimes (274637) in the body of the text, simply write TEXT4CASH followed by your tip.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill