Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
17-year-old charged in Manchester playground fire
Terahja Williams, 17, is charged with one count of arson "for now," Sgt. Tim Patterson said.
She is accused of causing $5,000 worth of damage at the Hunts Pool playground at the Central Little League field at 380 Lincoln St. shortly after 7 p.m. Wednesday. Patterson said it appears that Williams acted alone.
The playground cannot be used until repairs are made, the Fire Department said in a release.
Wednesday's fire was the second time in as many nights that the playground was set ablaze. Police and firefighters went to the playground about 7:20 Tuesday night for a fire that had engulfed a large plastic tunnel slide. That fire was also considered suspicious, police said, and witnesses reported seeing several juveniles in the area just before Tuesday night's fire.
Patterson stopped short of saying Williams was a suspect in Tuesday's fire.
"I would say it's under investigation," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917