Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
17-year-old charged in Manchester playground fire
Terahja Williams, 17, is charged with one count of arson "for now," Sgt. Tim Patterson said.
She is accused of causing $5,000 worth of damage at the Hunts Pool playground at the Central Little League field at 380 Lincoln St. shortly after 7 p.m. Wednesday. Patterson said it appears that Williams acted alone.
The playground cannot be used until repairs are made, the Fire Department said in a release.
Wednesday's fire was the second time in as many nights that the playground was set ablaze. Police and firefighters went to the playground about 7:20 Tuesday night for a fire that had engulfed a large plastic tunnel slide. That fire was also considered suspicious, police said, and witnesses reported seeing several juveniles in the area just before Tuesday night's fire.
Patterson stopped short of saying Williams was a suspect in Tuesday's fire.
"I would say it's under investigation," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua