All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Manchester firefighters work to remove smoke from inside of Chez Vachone Restaurant on Kelly Street Monday evening. (Bruce Preston / Union Leader)

Chez Vachon fire

Fire at Chez Vachon doused in Manchester

MANCHESTER — A popular West Side restaurant was damaged by a stove fire Monday.

A plastic cutting board left on top of the stove at Chez Vachon ignited, starting the fire that caused an estimated $30,000 in damage, District Chief Mark Pelletier said.

Pelletier said the restaurant at 136 Kelley St. would likely be closed for a few days in order to clean up the damage and recharge the fire suppression system in the kitchen.

The system was functional, but designed more for grease and other kitchen fires than the blaze that resulted from the smoldering plastic cutting board, Pelletier said.
The restaurant was closed at the time of the fire, which was called in at 5:22 p.m.

Ariana Grande Ariana Grande
Sunday, 7:30 p.m.

Comedian Bob Marley Comedian Bob Marley
Sunday, 6 p.m.

Beauty and the Beast Beauty and the Beast
Friday, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, 1 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, 1 p.m.

Peter and the Starcatcher Peter and the Starcatcher
Friday-Sunday, 7 p.m.

Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle