Home » News » Public Safety
Two men injured after separate Nottingham crashes
NOTTINGHAM – Police believe medical events caused a box truck and an SUV to strike trees in two separate accidents along Route 4 Tuesday.
Area police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 9:30 a.m. after the box truck, driven by a local man, drove into a tree along Route 4.
“We think he suffered a medical event,” Foss said, adding police are waiting to hear details about the nature of the incident from doctors.
Foss said officers from Nottingham and Barrington closed down Route 4 for about 10 minutes while firefighters from Nottingham and Lee used hydraulic extrication equipment to free the man. He said Nottingham ambulance crews transported the victim to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover.
Afterwards, Foss said police were able to open one lane to allow traffic to pass. He said the accident caused traffic to back up.
Foss said crews from N.H. Department of Transportation responded to deal with the tree, which was hanging “precariously” over the road.
As police were investigating the first crash, Foss said a second one occurred – around 2:45 p.m. - on another part of Route 4.
“Northwood police actually beat us there because we were tied up with the first crash,” Foss said, adding there were plenty of witnesses who explained what happened.
“The second event was a single vehicle which went straight into a tree,” Foss said, adding the second driver, who was not from town, was able to get out of the SUV with the help of passersby.
Police and firefighters from Northwood and Nottingham responded to the second scene. Ambulance crews from Northwood transported the driver to Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester.
As police were still notifying family members, Foss said the identities of both drivers have not been released.
“Everything is still under investigation,” Foss said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester restaurant closed after employee commits suicide - 0
- Abby's home, but answers aren't as police ask public for help - 2
- Spofford three-car crash injuries two - 0
- Dover man remains in critical condition after motorcycle crash - 0
- 37 hikers rescued from Mt. Major over weekend - 3
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 32
- Solutions sought in rectifying traffic backups in Meredith - 1
- Dover mortorcyclist taken to Maine hospital after crash - 0
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's