For these Mascoma Valley Regional High School art students, October is all about Christmas
It's a tight time frame, he said on Friday. He received the clear orb ornaments at the end of September and the finished ornaments need to go out by the end of October, he said.
But only two dozen ornaments can be sent and Morse has told the students he will choose to send the ones that best represent New Hampshire.
Many students, such as seniors Caitlyn Yoder and Justin Marsh, have gone beyond just making one ornament and are now adding to other ornaments.
"I've had English teachers give me flash cards with students' ideas on them," he said.
Known by his students for being a joker, Morse said at first his students didn't believe him when he brought them the project.
Once they realized he was on the level, they enthusiastically joined the project, which is taking up most art classes and the weekly art club meeting, most likely right up until the last minute when the ornaments have to be shipped to D.C., Morse said.
"While they've been making ornaments there have been lots of spirited discussions. … Because the government is closed," Morse said. "And I'm trying to keep the momentum going with it being a great honor. …I've assured them that will all be cleared up by Christmas time."
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Kayla Bullwinkel: Schools must go after cyber bullies while respecting the First Amendment - 1
- George Will: Obama uses a bludgeon in Wisconsin - 2
- Jonah Goldberg: Feminists freak out over a guy's clothes - 1
- Another View -- Ted Cruz: Don't turn the Internet into a public utility - 8
- Charles Arlinghaus: Divided government keeps bad things from happening - 2
- Thomas Sowell: How race obsession can hurt minority students - 2
- Another View -- Tom Szold: After a 2014 GOP loss, some reflections and second guesses - 14
- Pat Buchanan: The oil weapon in America's hands - 0
- David Harsanyi: A terrible climate deal that doesn't matter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
NH asks feds for waiver on Medicaid
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH