Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Bedford dad: Ex-cop Coco should go before jury
Tracks left by the vehicle driven by former Manchester police officer Stephen Coco are seen in this photo supplied by the Drukker family. The orange marks near the mailbox on Harrod Lane in Bedford were made by police during the investigation of the hit-and-run in which Dean Drukker and Noah Hickman were injured. (COURTESY)
Coco has been accused of hitting Drukker and Hickman with the undercover police vehicle on the night of March 22, after leaving a gathering in Drukker's Bedford neighborhood. Earlier this year, Bedford police charged Coco with two felony counts of conduct after an accident, the legal wording for the more commonly known charge of hit and run.
Drukker said he disagrees with the reduction of the charges. He said it would be best if the case went to a jury.
Drukker would not disclose the details of any plea-bargain that Hathaway discussed with him.
"The point is, he's a police officer; he's trained in this," Drukker said. "I believe you should have a higher standard, a gold standard."
Drukker said his son was walking along Harrod Lane when he and Hickman saw the lights of a vehicle approach them. They went over as far as possible to the side of the road, and walked single file.
Bedford police would not say whether he was alive or dead, Drukker said.
According to court papers, Dean Drukker suffered bleeding to the brain, cuts, scrapes and a shoulder injury in the accident. His father said his son is in college and sports some scars from the accident.
The new charges say that Coco was "attempting to access information on a cell phone" at the time of the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 7
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 20
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 0
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
Wildcats defeat Maine to advance
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424