Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATE: Police dogs search area around home of missing Conway teen
Fish and Game Maj. Kevin Jordan said Sunday the final call on the 15-year-old's phone was made in the vicinity of Cranmore Mountain Resort, a little more than two miles from where she lived.
Jordan said searchers have covered 4,000 acres or nearly five square miles of wilderness looking for the girl. Officers are conducting close-quarter line searches using GPS technology. Today, five teams of trained K-9 scent dogs will be brought in.
When asked what differentiates a missing person case from a suspected abduction, Agent Ramsey replied, "quite literally, nothing." It is the lack of information regarding abduction or any other outcome that keeps the case a missing person investigation, he said.
During the media briefing Saturday night at the Conway Police Department, Zenya Hernandez made a tearful plea for her daughter to come home, wished her a happy 15th birthday, and asked anyone that has noticed a change in the girl's behavior or who knows anything to come forward.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- New parking system troubles businesses in downtown Bristol - 0
- Lyndeborough settles suit with former police officers - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer