Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATE: Police dogs search area around home of missing Conway teen
Fish and Game Maj. Kevin Jordan said Sunday the final call on the 15-year-old's phone was made in the vicinity of Cranmore Mountain Resort, a little more than two miles from where she lived.
Jordan said searchers have covered 4,000 acres or nearly five square miles of wilderness looking for the girl. Officers are conducting close-quarter line searches using GPS technology. Today, five teams of trained K-9 scent dogs will be brought in.
When asked what differentiates a missing person case from a suspected abduction, Agent Ramsey replied, "quite literally, nothing." It is the lack of information regarding abduction or any other outcome that keeps the case a missing person investigation, he said.
During the media briefing Saturday night at the Conway Police Department, Zenya Hernandez made a tearful plea for her daughter to come home, wished her a happy 15th birthday, and asked anyone that has noticed a change in the girl's behavior or who knows anything to come forward.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'