Home » News » Public Safety
Berlin man hit by son's birdshot back at work
New Hampshire Fish and Game officials are deciding whether to charge Cory Osgood, 24, of Nottingham with firing the birdshot that struck his father, David Osgood, 55, of Berlin. Osgood was hit with several No. 6 shotgun pellets, but was back at work Monday. his family said.
Lt. Wayne Saunders of Fish and Game’s Region One Office in Lancaster said Monday that the shooting in Dummer is under review.
“It’s kind of early to say, but it’s hard to believe it’s not negligent when you hit someone. Voice contact would’ve helped,” he said.
David Osgood drove to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for treatment and was then released. Investigators interviewed both men.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain