Home » News » Public Safety
Berlin man hit by son's birdshot back at work
New Hampshire Fish and Game officials are deciding whether to charge Cory Osgood, 24, of Nottingham with firing the birdshot that struck his father, David Osgood, 55, of Berlin. Osgood was hit with several No. 6 shotgun pellets, but was back at work Monday. his family said.
Lt. Wayne Saunders of Fish and Game’s Region One Office in Lancaster said Monday that the shooting in Dummer is under review.
“It’s kind of early to say, but it’s hard to believe it’s not negligent when you hit someone. Voice contact would’ve helped,” he said.
David Osgood drove to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for treatment and was then released. Investigators interviewed both men.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run