Home » News » Public Safety
Berlin man hit by son's birdshot back at work
New Hampshire Fish and Game officials are deciding whether to charge Cory Osgood, 24, of Nottingham with firing the birdshot that struck his father, David Osgood, 55, of Berlin. Osgood was hit with several No. 6 shotgun pellets, but was back at work Monday. his family said.
Lt. Wayne Saunders of Fish and Game’s Region One Office in Lancaster said Monday that the shooting in Dummer is under review.
“It’s kind of early to say, but it’s hard to believe it’s not negligent when you hit someone. Voice contact would’ve helped,” he said.
David Osgood drove to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for treatment and was then released. Investigators interviewed both men.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads