Pinkerton Academy seniors gain a new software tool to apply to college
A new software program known as Naviance was unveiled at the start of the school year and is helping streamline the application process, said Jan Deleault, Pinkerton’s director of guidance. The software program allows students to easily request transcripts and letters of recommendation, explore careers and take interest surveys, Deleault said.
Plans call for allowing juniors to access the program in the spring, and eventually for all 3,100 Pinkerton students to use Naviance.
“This is the first time we’ve done this,” Deleault said. “We’re a little nervous, but so far so good.”
Students are already using the program and know how to request letters of recommendation, Deleault said. The next step will be to give a PowerPoint presentation to faculty with a tutorial to follow.
Another feature of the program will allow guidance counselors to track which colleges Pinkerton graduates gain admission to and to keep their corresponding GPA and SAT records on file. This historical, anonymous information will allow parents to assess their children’s chances of going to a particular college.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
- SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some - 4
- UNH- Manchester looks to move into Pandora building - 2
- Wilton school project begins - 0
- Nashua explores taking over Brentwood School - 0
- Franklin Pierce lays off four full-time employees - 0
- New Highland-Goffe's Falls principal starts job today - 0
- Board to vote on new graphic design program - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
- Seeking to upend Hobby Lobby court ruling, federal legislation crafted - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Firefighters rescue five 'lucky ducks' in Londonderry - 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 1
- FairPoint union members to meet and talk strike - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax