Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Tech lovers can't give these glasses a pass
Soggu surmises that Google Glass technology could replace our current mobile and tablet devices, which is scary for late technology adopters like myself.
Wonderful wines of Oz
With more than 80 wines available for tasting at the YMCA's Wines of Oz fundraiser, I hope organizers have arranged for flying monkeys to give attendees a ride home.
Call now to make a reservation for the Massabesic Audobon Center's Enchanted Fall Festival. The Saturday, Oct. 19, event is great for families, and includes games, crafts, live bluegrass music and a bonfire. But you cannot get the full experience unless you make a reservation for one of the evening's tours. Reservations for tours, running between 4 and 7:15 p.m., can be made by calling 668-2045. The cost is $15 for members and $25 for non-members.
The sun will surely come out for the second and final weekend of Manchester Community Theatre Players' presentation of "Annie" at the Jewish Federation of New Hampshire.
There is a huge cast and crew behind this production of the story about the spunky orphan who wins the heart of Daddy Warbucks during the Great Depression. I recently saw a stage version of "Annie" and was surprised to hear songs the 1982 movie did not include.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 9
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
- George Will: Misreading Putin, and history - 4
- Rep. Kenneth Fredette: NH should avoid Maine’s Medicaid mistake - 5
- David Harsanyi: Social conservatives would benefit by embracing libertarianism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 5
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief