NH College Notebook: Former NH runners pace No. 6 Georgetown
Schneider placed 13th overall, in 20 minutes 43 seconds, and Smith was 26th, in 21:04.
THE PEORIA Rivermen of the Southern Professional Hockey League last week added former Plymouth State goalie Jack Astedt to their training-camp roster. Astedt, 23, spent the last four seasons at Plymouth State University (NCAA Div. III) in Plymouth, N.H. In 81 career games, he compiled a 51-20-8 record with 10 shutouts and a 2.37 goals against average. The 6-foot 1-inch, 175-pound netminder also registered a .918 save percentage during his college career.
Earlier, the Colorado Eagles of the East Coast Hockey League recently announced Friday that three former PSU players - Richard Zobak, Alex Cottle and J.C. Richardson - had signed amateur tryout agreements.
DANIEL Webster College athletics director Chris Gilmore last week announced Bristol native Andrea Woodbury as the new head coach of women's basketball at the Nashua school.
Woodbury spent last season as an assistant coach with Dartmouth College and spent the previous 22 years with the Siena College program in a variety of roles, including nine years as associate head coach. During her time at Siena, she also coordinated the program's scouting and recruiting operations.
"(Woodbury) brings an extraordinary coaching background, and her years of experience will pay immediate dividends as we look to remain an annual challenger for the New England Collegiate Conference championship," said Gilmore.
LEADING by 1.5 points after Day 3 of the four-day America East Women's Swimming and Diving Championship last season, the University of New Hampshire pulled away and cruised to a 39.5-point victory.
That momentum should carry into this season for the Wildcats, who return the conference meet's Most Outstanding Swimmer, Jenni Roberts of Sanford, Maine, along with a host of other key contributors to the 2012-13 championship.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 23
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 1
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 2
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 82
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 4
- American blessing: The Pilgrims and self-reliance - 20
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released