NH College Notebook: Former NH runners pace No. 6 Georgetown
Schneider placed 13th overall, in 20 minutes 43 seconds, and Smith was 26th, in 21:04.
THE PEORIA Rivermen of the Southern Professional Hockey League last week added former Plymouth State goalie Jack Astedt to their training-camp roster. Astedt, 23, spent the last four seasons at Plymouth State University (NCAA Div. III) in Plymouth, N.H. In 81 career games, he compiled a 51-20-8 record with 10 shutouts and a 2.37 goals against average. The 6-foot 1-inch, 175-pound netminder also registered a .918 save percentage during his college career.
Earlier, the Colorado Eagles of the East Coast Hockey League recently announced Friday that three former PSU players - Richard Zobak, Alex Cottle and J.C. Richardson - had signed amateur tryout agreements.
DANIEL Webster College athletics director Chris Gilmore last week announced Bristol native Andrea Woodbury as the new head coach of women's basketball at the Nashua school.
Woodbury spent last season as an assistant coach with Dartmouth College and spent the previous 22 years with the Siena College program in a variety of roles, including nine years as associate head coach. During her time at Siena, she also coordinated the program's scouting and recruiting operations.
"(Woodbury) brings an extraordinary coaching background, and her years of experience will pay immediate dividends as we look to remain an annual challenger for the New England Collegiate Conference championship," said Gilmore.
LEADING by 1.5 points after Day 3 of the four-day America East Women's Swimming and Diving Championship last season, the University of New Hampshire pulled away and cruised to a 39.5-point victory.
That momentum should carry into this season for the Wildcats, who return the conference meet's Most Outstanding Swimmer, Jenni Roberts of Sanford, Maine, along with a host of other key contributors to the 2012-13 championship.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 8
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 27
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 30
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 20
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 0
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
Wildcats defeat Maine to advance
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize