Home » News » Public Safety
Hudson teens injured when truck crashes into tree
The truck driven by 18-year-old Hudson resident Derek Wisnosky was heavily damaged after crashing into a tree shortly after 2 a.m. Sunday morning. Wisnosky and a passenger, Dylan Conroy, 18, were both seriously injured in the crash. (COURTESY)
Police said Derek Wisnosky, 18, of Melendy Road, crashed his white, Toyota pickup truck on Thorning Road, near Memorial Drive, shortly after 2 a.m.
According to Hudson Police Lieutenant Bianchi, Wisnosky was trapped inside his vehicle when police and fire crews arrived on the scene and hydraulic tools had to be used to bring him to safety.
The truck's one passenger, Dylan Conroy, 18, of Lowell Road, had exited the vehicle on his own before emergency crews swept in.
Both young men were transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua with injuries Bianchi said were "serious, but not life-threatening."
A call to the hospital confirmed that Wisnosky and Conroy remained at the hospital as of midday on Sunday. Word on their conditions wasn’t immediately available.
Speed and alcohol both appear to have factored into the crash, police said, though the incident remains under investigation by the Hudson Police Crash Investigation and Reconstruction Team.
Wisnosky, who was released on $15,000 personal recognizance bail, faces a charge of felony Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated. His arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 31 at 9th Circuit Court in Nashua.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads