Home » News » Public Safety
Hudson teens injured when truck crashes into tree
The truck driven by 18-year-old Hudson resident Derek Wisnosky was heavily damaged after crashing into a tree shortly after 2 a.m. Sunday morning. Wisnosky and a passenger, Dylan Conroy, 18, were both seriously injured in the crash. (COURTESY)
Police said Derek Wisnosky, 18, of Melendy Road, crashed his white, Toyota pickup truck on Thorning Road, near Memorial Drive, shortly after 2 a.m.
According to Hudson Police Lieutenant Bianchi, Wisnosky was trapped inside his vehicle when police and fire crews arrived on the scene and hydraulic tools had to be used to bring him to safety.
The truck's one passenger, Dylan Conroy, 18, of Lowell Road, had exited the vehicle on his own before emergency crews swept in.
Both young men were transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua with injuries Bianchi said were "serious, but not life-threatening."
A call to the hospital confirmed that Wisnosky and Conroy remained at the hospital as of midday on Sunday. Word on their conditions wasn’t immediately available.
Speed and alcohol both appear to have factored into the crash, police said, though the incident remains under investigation by the Hudson Police Crash Investigation and Reconstruction Team.
Wisnosky, who was released on $15,000 personal recognizance bail, faces a charge of felony Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated. His arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 31 at 9th Circuit Court in Nashua.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Baseball: PSU holds off Keene State - 0
- Schoop, Markakis pace Orioles past Sox - 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election