Home » News » Public Safety
Hudson teens injured when truck crashes into tree
The truck driven by 18-year-old Hudson resident Derek Wisnosky was heavily damaged after crashing into a tree shortly after 2 a.m. Sunday morning. Wisnosky and a passenger, Dylan Conroy, 18, were both seriously injured in the crash. (COURTESY)
Police said Derek Wisnosky, 18, of Melendy Road, crashed his white, Toyota pickup truck on Thorning Road, near Memorial Drive, shortly after 2 a.m.
According to Hudson Police Lieutenant Bianchi, Wisnosky was trapped inside his vehicle when police and fire crews arrived on the scene and hydraulic tools had to be used to bring him to safety.
The truck's one passenger, Dylan Conroy, 18, of Lowell Road, had exited the vehicle on his own before emergency crews swept in.
Both young men were transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua with injuries Bianchi said were "serious, but not life-threatening."
A call to the hospital confirmed that Wisnosky and Conroy remained at the hospital as of midday on Sunday. Word on their conditions wasn’t immediately available.
Speed and alcohol both appear to have factored into the crash, police said, though the incident remains under investigation by the Hudson Police Crash Investigation and Reconstruction Team.
Wisnosky, who was released on $15,000 personal recognizance bail, faces a charge of felony Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated. His arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 31 at 9th Circuit Court in Nashua.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 1
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
NH senators react to Hagel resignation