Home » News » Public Safety
Bird-hunting son's shot hits father in Dummer
David Osgood, 55, of Berlin, was hit by seven shotgun pellets on his right side after his son, Cory Osgood, 24, of Nothignham, fired at a woodcock in what authorities describe as an overgrown orchard off of Hill Road in Dummer.
Osgood drove himself to Androscoggin Valley Hospital where he was treated and released.
Father and son were questioned by state Fish and Game officials, who continue their investigation into the shooting.
Officials said both men were wearing hunter orange, but could not see each other when the shot was fired.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors