Home » News » Politics » State House Dome
Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Medicaid panel set to be heard
What has been in doubt - and continues to be - is whether the proposed expansion includes enough incentives for two or more Senate Republicans to jump ship and join their Democratic counterparts to approve a plan that would add about 49,000 people to the Medicaid rolls and pay state health care providers $2.4 billion in federal money over the next seven years.
It is good to remember the commission's recommendation is a starting point. As the Legislature begins to work on the proposal, the real negotiations begin.
During the next few weeks, there will be posturing, press releases, news conferences and lots of rumors.
- - - - - - - -
Northern Pass: Public Service of New Hampshire officials spent a good part of the summer traveling around the state hosting open houses to explain the proposed Northern Pass power line project, which would carry hydro-electic power from the Canadian border to Deerfield for distribution in New England.
While the project has yet to receive many of the permits it would need, the battle has intensified recently.
- - - - - - - -
Gas Tax: Highway infrastructure improvements will be a major issue during the 2014 session.
Bragdon has been replaced by Chuck Morse, however, and the Salem Republican has adamantly opposed increasing the gas tax.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Lots of finger-pointing after Medicaid expansion defeat - 8
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Battle likely on expanding Medicaid eligibility - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All Medicaid expansion, all the time in Concord - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Lawmakers tackle expanding Medicaid eligibility under Obamacare - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Highway funding a never-ending battle - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Expect new smoking ban debate - 7
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Medicaid panel set to be heard - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Common ground eyed on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Committee's challenge: how to accept Medicaid money - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false