All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In

No one hurt in Nashua fire officials say was caused by candle

NASHUA — Fire officials credit a smoke detector with rousing people from their burning home on Dale Street early Saturday morning.

And they said a candle left burning when the residents went to sleep is the apparent cause of the fire.

When firefighters arrived at the two-story duplex at 6 Dale St. around 1:30 a.m., a second-story bedroom was in flames and the residents had all evacuated the home.

Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire quickly, but there was smoke and water damage.


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety